Traveling south by southwest (literally) from Finland to Austin, a group of tech-savvy gurus delivered the latest cutting-edge mobile apps and CGI gaming from the frozen north to this year’s SXSW Conference.
Members of NEST New York, a startup accelerator for Nordic and Russian companies, are making their fourth consecutive trip to SXSW with the largest crew yet from Finland, the country that hatched Rovio’s Angry Birds and Supercell’s Clash of Clans. This Finnish invasion force includes nine startups, representatives from the CGI Finland developer community, seed investor Reaktor Polte, Mobile Sensing, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Finland, and a university researcher.
The contingent of startups cover a wide swath of technology areas — from music apps and mobile advertising, to animation, gaming and video chat. All of these startups are represented at the SXSW Trade Show in booth #1223/1225:
- FourChords guitar karaoke app [www.fourchords.com, @FourChordsApp]
- Good vs. Bad customer review mobile app [www.getgoodvsbad.com, @Liilak]
- Zee.do Discovery2Deal interactive mobile advertising [www.zee.do, @Zeedoer]
- Playmysong social jukebox app [www.playmysong.com, @playmysongapp]
- Ninchat kick-ass business chat with video [www.ninchat.com, @NinChatCom]
- AppGyver mobile app developer tools [www.appgyver.com, @AppGyver]
- Delicode software development for Kinect-like games and motion-activated input [www.delicode.com, @Delicode]
- CubiCasa 3D modeling for construction and real estate markets [www.cubicasa.org]
- Plotagon animation software from Sweden [plotagon.com, @Plotagon]
Would you like to read more about some of the coolest new apps from the country ranked in the top 5 on Bloomberg’s Global Innovation Index ?